The Christchurch School sailing team recently wrapped up its 2017-18 sailing season with a third-place finish at the Baker Team Racing National Championship in San Diego, Calif.
This is the first podium finish for the Seahorses at the Baker Regatta, reported Jennifer Homer. Four weeks ago, the team placed third at the Mallory Doublehanded Fleet Race National Championship in Seabrook, Texas.
Several Christchurch sailors were named to the 2018 All-Virginia Interscholastic Sailing Association (VISA). Post-season honors include:
• VISA sailors of the year, Boyd Bragg of Irvington and Benton Amthor of Yorktown.
• All-VISA skipper, B. Bragg and Nathan Smith of Yorktown.
• All-VISA crew, Amthor, Galt Oliver of Virginia Beach, Reese Bragg of Irvington and Jefferson Elkin of Urbanna.
• All-VISA women’s skippers, Mariana Guzman of Mexico City, Mexico.
• All-VISA women’s crew, Clare Elden Gaule of Vermillion, Ohio, R. Bragg and Anna Flynn of Norfolk.