KILMARNOCK—Lancaster/Northumberland Habitat for Humanity is conducting an application drive for prospective homeowners through August 20.
“We will be selecting an individual or family to partner with us on the construction of our 20th home, located in the Wicomico Church area of Northumberland County,” said publicity chairman and family empowerment co-chairman Marty Dwyer.
Basic qualifications include:
• Household income between 30%-60% of the area median and the ability to pay an affordable mortgage.
• Demonstrated need for decent, affordable housing.
• A willingness to partner with Lancaster/Northumberland Habitat for Humanity through completion of “sweat equity.”
• Resident of Lancaster or Northumberland for at least one year.
Applications are available at the Lancaster and Northumberland Department of Social Services offices; the Habitat Office/Resale Store, 460 North Main Street, Kilmarnock; or www.lnhabitat.org.
more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.