One hundred years ago, the Episcopal Diocese of Virginia established two secondary schools on the banks of the Rappahannock River.
On September 28, 1921, Christchurch School in Middlesex welcomed several local male students and 10 boarders.
It was a bold venture at a time when “secondary education was not universally available,” according to Christchurch School’s website.
St. Margaret’s School opened in 1921 in Tappahannock with 14 female students.
In the ensuing century, these private schools would become….
|There’s more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.