It’s November! Most boaters are starting to think about preparing their boats for winter.
U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Flotilla 33 wants to offer some suggestions on getting the boat ready for winter storage, reported Brian McArdle. Preparing the boat now will help come spring.
Storage prep tips:
• First thing is to have boat and engine manuals close at hand. Reviewing them prior to winterizing the boat will familiarize owners with their recommendations, ensure they do not miss something and get details on specific boat/engine.
• Get that salt water out of the engine. Before storing the boat for a couple of months, make sure to flush out…
|There’s more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.