Indian Creek Yacht and Country Club (ICYCC) recently announced its pickleball program continues to gain in popularity.
Beginning-level pickleball clinics are scheduled from 1-2 p.m. Saturdays at the ICYCC indoor racquet center, 362 Club Drive, Kilmarnock.
According to racquet sports director and certified teaching pro George Christoforatos, the clinic focuses on the basics, including:
• The proper grips: the basic grips one needs to play, continental grip and eastern forehand or eastern backhand grip, proper swing paths, and how to move the ball around.
• Dinking: keeping the ball low in the no strike zone or the kitchen, using soft hand and touch.
• Lobbing: which is important and often…
|There’s more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.