Lancaster Middle School recently hosted its annual Career Day for fourth- through eighth-grade students.
The event provided an experience for students that presented a real view of a broad variety of careers, reported school counselor Myra Palin. The students had the opportunity to learn about each career and ask questions of several professionals.
Students heard four to six speakers based on their grade level, said Palin
Career Day presenters exposed students to various employment and career opportunities available for their consideration and to encourage them to begin the planning process that leads to the accomplishment of their career goals, said Palin.
Counseling staff, including Palin and Don Weik, who organized the event, extended thanks to the professionals who volunteered to participate in the LMS Career Day, including:
• Travis Abbot, fireman.
• Jo Allen Andrews, career director.
• Irvin Brittingham, police officer.
• Jalil Brown, music consultant.
• Cody Crabill, marine construction.
• Donald Conaway, surgical technician.
• Shirley Davis, banker.
• Kenneth Dobyns, correction officer.
• Maeghaen Eley, radio.
• Mark Favazza, recreation coordination.
• Sgt. William French, ROTC.
• Donna Funkhouse, nurse.
• Destiny Howard, fashion designer.
• Lt. Col. Ronald McManus, ROTC.
• Kenya Moody, nurse.
• Vickie Vermeer, physical therapist.
• Ash Peterson, photographer.
• Katie Shepard, environmental science.
• Dr. Darlene Steibel, physician.
• Vicki Vermeer, physical therapist.
• Audrey Thomasson, journalist.
• Patrick Walker, chef.
• Kerrie Walton, nurse.
• Erik Welk, Navy engineer.
• Kathleen Watson, soil and water conservation.