Dozens of Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula residents entered produce, baked goods or livestock for judging at the 2018 State Fair of Virginia.
Several won ribbons, including:
Adult Creative Arts-art
• Watercolors or acrylics on canvas, Rebecca Suzanne Wheeler, Wake, first.
• Charcoal, pencil, pen, ink, Faith Gaillot, Montross, first.
• Painting on wood or other surface, Wheeler, second.
Adult Creative Arts-quilt show
• Mixed techniques, Vanessa Palmore, Warsaw, third.
• Crib or other small bed quilt, Lee Taylor, Irvington, third.
Adult Creative Arts-art, wearable
• Quilted single garment, Taylor, first, best of section.
Adult Creative Arts-jewelry
• Mixed Media, Wheeler, second.
Adult Creative Arts-decorative painting
• Wood, Wheeler, second.
• Glass, Wheeler, second.
Adult Creative Arts-handwork of seniors
• Cotton quilt, applique or patchwork, Charlene Becker, Warsaw, second.
• Needlework, other, Becker, first; Mickey Teese, Warsaw, second.
• Acrylic or oils on canvas or board, Becker, third.
• Article of bead craft, Becker, first.
Adult Creative Arts-holiday crafts
•Wall hanging, Becker, first.
• Other holiday craft item, Becker, first…