by Audrey Thomasson
For those who are just tuning in to Virginia’s 2017 General Election, voting will take place from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Election Day, Tuesday, November 7.
The last opportunity to vote absentee in Lancaster is 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday, November 4, at the registrar’s office in the County Administration Building, 8311 Mary Ball Road, Lancaster, according to registrar Susan Jett.
The last opportunity to vote absentee in Northumberland is 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, November 4, at the registrar’s office in the Old Courthouse, 72 Monument Place, Heathsville, according to registrar Katherine Davenport.
Candidates for governor are Republican Edward “Ed” W. Gillespie, Democrat Ralph S. Northam and Libertarian Clifford D. Hyra.
Candidates for lieutenant governor are Democrat Justin E. Fairfax and Republican Sen. Jill H. Vogel.
Candidates for attorney general are incumbent Democrat Mark R. Herring and Republican John D. Adams.
Candidates for the House of Delegates in District 99 are Democrat Francis Nicholas Edwards and incumbent Republican Margaret Bevans Ransone.
Running unopposed for the two remaining years of a four-year-term for Lancaster Commissioner of Revenue is Marlon S. Savoy, an independent.
In District 1, candidates for supervisor are Jack D. Larson and George R. Bott IV. School board candidates are Katherine Lee Keith and Carl E. Failmezger.
In District 5, candidates are Robert S. Westbrook, unopposed for supervisor, and Carolyn W. Young and Margaret E. Socey for school board.
District 2 candidates are incumbent Richard F. Haynie for supervisor and Mary H. Hooper for school board. Both are unopposed.
District 3 candidates are incumbent James Long, unopposed for supervisor, and incumbent Gerald R. Howard and Carl L. Perez for school board.
Lancaster polling places are:
• District 1, precinct 101, Upper Lancaster Ruritan Center, 3989 White Chapel Road, Lancaster.
• District 2, precinct 201, Trinity Episcopal Church, 8484 Mary Ball Road, Lancaster.
• District 3-A, precinct 301, White Stone Baptist Church, 517 Chesapeake Drive, White Stone.
• District 3-B, precinct 302, Kilmarnock Baptist Church, 65 East Church Street, Kilmarnock.
• District 4, precinct 401, Grace Episcopal Church, 303 South Main Street, Kilmarnock.
• District 5, precinct 501, Irvington Baptist Church, 53 King Carter Drive, Irvington.
Northumberland polling places are:
• District 1, precinct 101, Callao Volunteer Fire Department, 314 Northumberland Highway, Callao.
• District 2, precinct 201, St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, 6807 Northumberland Highway, Heathsville.
• District 3-A, precinct 301, Light of Christ Anglican Church, 9500 Northumberland Highway, Heathsville.
• District 3-B, precinct 302, Mt. Olive Baptist Church, 6749 Jessie duPont Memorial Highway, Wicomico Church.
• District 4, precinct 401, Wicomico Parish Church, 5191 Jessie duPont Memorial Highway, Wicomico Church.
• District 5, precinct 501, Fairfields Volunteer Fire Department, 119 Main Street, Reedville.
For additional election information, in Lancaster call registrar Jett at 462-5277; in Northumberland call registrar Davenport at 580-4655.