Wednesday, August 15, is the last day to purchase tickets to the Irvington Crab Festival.
The event will be held August 18 at the Irvington Commons, 98 King Carter Drive, Irvington. Grounds will open at 4 p.m. and crabs will be served at 5 p.m.
Tickets are $50 for adults and $10 for ages 12 and younger. Tickets are non-refundable and will not be sold at the door. To purchase tickets, visit the Steamboat Era Museum, 156 King Carter Drive, Irvington, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday, or SteamboatEraMuseum.org; or call 438-6888.
In addition to steamed crabs, music and fun, there will be a silent auction including a beautiful pearl ring from Burkes Fine Jewelers, a cruise with Captain Billy Pipkin for 20 guests and a gift bag from Saks Fifth Avenue, said executive director Barbara Brecher. The auction will be open to festival ticket holders only.
The museum will be open at no charge during the event and patrons are urged to visit the Potomac Pilothouse project, view the exhibits and stop in the gift shop. The silent auction will be in the museum.
Crabs Express will supply the crabs. Barbecue, hot dogs and soft drinks are included. Beer and wine are available for purchase.
The Crab Festival is the museum’s largest yearly fundraising event, added Brecher.
She thanked festival sponsors including Community Idea Stations WCVE News (88.9) and WCVE Music (107.3 and 93.1), which awarded a media sponsorship to the event.
Other sponsors include:
• Big Claw, Chesapeake Bank and Virginia Commonwealth Bank.
• Jimmie,101-7 Bay FM and 104-9 WIGO Country, Northern Neck Insurance, Hope and Glory Inn and The Dog and Oyster Vineyard, Rappahannock Westminster – Canterbury and Town of Irvington.
• Soft Shell, Bay Auto Service Inc., Creative DeSigns, Jane Higgins, Objects Art and More, Tides Inn and Tri-Star Supermarket Inc.
• Old Bay, Bragg & Company Real Estate, Brecher Design Group, Custom Yacht Services, IsaBell K. Horsley Real Estate, Marion James, Kilmarnock Auto Clinic, Susan and Daniel Ludeman, Pearl Clothing, Pillar & Peacock, Randall Kipp Architecture Inc., Rappahannock Record, River Land Insurers, Sara Brown Salon, The Dandelion, The Wild Bunch/Papeterie, W.F. Booth & Son, Inc. and White Stone Pharmacy.
• Friends, Cathy’s Unique Pursuits, Foxy Inc., Ladies Apparel, Neptune Custom Carts, Rappahannock Hang-Ups, Rumsey and Bugg, The Local and Donna Tibbs.
Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Call 438-6888.