The Northern Neck Region of the Antique Automobile Club of America held its 25th annual car show June 2 at Stan’s Skateland in Montross.
The show was initially scheduled May 19, but was postponed due to the weather, reported Ward Sevila. While the threat of weather again may have kept attendance down, a number of hardcore attendees brought their beautiful vehicles. Music was provided by The Hard to Tell Band.
Trophies and plaques were awarded for first-, second- and third-place, in order of finish to:
• Class 3, all cars 1949 through 1954, Allen McCarley.
• Class 4, all cars 1955 through 1965, Jim Eicher, Gary Greenwalt.
• Class 5, all cars 1966 through 1970, Butch Sevila, Everett Bryant, Dennis Conley.
• Class 7, all trucks/commercial through 1993, Michael Sevila, Charles Stemmerman.
• Class 8A, all Mustangs through 1993, Jim Glass, John Minor.
• Class 9A, sport muscle, Robbie France, Bill Hall.
• Class 10A, Corvettes 1953 through 1993, Pat Henry.
• Class 15, foreign cars through 1993, Jennifer Johnson, James Stickels and Harold Hinson (tie for second).
• Top custom cars, Leon Smith, Gary Hamblin, David Brensinger, Phil Bolling, David Coates.
• Top custom trucks, Mickey Baker.
Special awards were:
• Mayors choice, France, 1967 Camaro.
• Stan’s choice, B. Sevila, 1969 Cadillac station wagon.
• Oldest car, Stemmerman, 1940 Bantam.
• Top sponsor’s, Bolling, 1969 Camaro.
• Top rat rod, Coates, 1957 Nash.
• Best of show modified/custom, Bolling, 1969 Camaro.
• Best of show antique, B. Sevila, 1969 Cadillac station wagon.
Raffle cash prizes were awarded to Betty Dameron, $250; Everett Bryant, $150; and Cary Turban, $100.
Proceeds from the show will be used to support two graduating students from the Northern Neck Technical Center by providing either two $1,000 scholarships or the purchase of tools if entering the job market, said W. Sevila.
The Northern Neck Region, AACA appreciates the show participants and all of the businesses, throughout the Northern Neck and beyond that supported the show, for making this possible, he said. Special thanks to Stan Schoppe for providing the show location.
The Northern Neck Region, AACA is active throughout the season with cruise-ins and car events nearly every weekend. For a schedule, visit www.nnnkregionaaca.org or call W. Sevila, 580-4177.