The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) recently announced $12 million in state School Security Equipment Grants to protect students, faculty and visitors in 489 schools in 102 school divisions.
The grants will pay for video monitoring systems, voice and video internal communications systems, school bus interior cameras, mass notification systems, visitor-identification systems, access control systems, two-way radios, security vestibules and other security upgrades.
Local divisions awarded grants include:
• Gloucester County, $250,000 for Abingdon Elementary, Achilles Elementary, Bethel Elementary, Botetourt Elementary, Gloucester High, Page Middle, Peasley Middle and Petsworth Elementary.
• Lancaster County, $42,672 for Lancaster Primary.
• Mathews County, $38,720 for Lee-Jackson Elementary, Mathews High and Thomas Hunter Middle.
• Middlesex County, $24,920 for Middlesex High.
• Richmond County, $6,075 for Rappahannock High.
A local match of 25% is required of most divisions.
“This year, we have doubled the amount of assistance available to…
|There’s more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.