The RAL Art Center recently announced Summer Fun Art Camps.
Starting June 25, camps will be held at the RAL Art Center, 19 North Main Street, Kilmarnock, for ages 7 and older, reported Cathie Elliott. There will be morning and afternoon sessions.
The fee is $85 per camp, including materials, per week. To register, visit the center, or call 436-9309.
“Sign up for morning and/or afternoon camps,” said art teacher Marilyn Sprouse. “Pack a lunch and eat with us.”
Morning sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to noon and afternoon sessions, 12:45 to 2:45 p.m. A lunch and perhaps a sidewalk stroll will be held from 12:05 to 12:40 p.m. daily.
• June 25-29, teacher, Sarah McCormick; morning, me, Me, ME!, make a sketchbook with paint, add-ons and glitter. Guided activities using a big variety of supplies; afternoon, KNOT not Fun! Make “friendship bracelets” and other accessories using knots, string and leather lace.
• July 9- 13, teacher, Sandy Manning; morning, Art That Moves, create a windsock and a mobile; afternoon, Catch the Wind!, explore the rules of flight with paper airplanes, kites and yard art.
• July 16- 20, teacher, Kimberly Fischer; morning, This is FIBERtastic!, use felt, fabric and strange things as tools to make varied art using cloth; afternoon, Time Travel, explore a bit of the vibrant ancient cultures of Asia, Africa, Mexico, Australia and Greece/Rome in art and in some small snack tasting. List food allergies at registration.
• July 23- 27, teacher, Kendra Robinson; morning, Manga becomes Anime, Japanese drawing and coloring for use in comics, sketch and drawing book; afternoon, Edible Art, explore food as an art subject and medium, draw food, collage food as a topic, edible clays, candy decorating, vegetables and fruit. List food allergies at registration.
• July 30- August 3, teacher, Kendra Robinson; morning, Weaving, Knitting, and Stitching, strings, yarns, strips, learn to make a loom, create bags, arm knit a scarf, learn to finger-knit jewelry and wearable art; afternoon, Canvas Painting!, use of acrylics, tools with acrylics, color theory and use of space.
• August 6- 10, teacher, Sonja Smith; Texture and Dimension Play, discover collage using varied items, glue, paste, experiment with clay and jewelry making; afternoon, Crazy for Printmaking, cut, carve and learn to make copies of drawings, make copies in color, draw, print and embellish with paints.
more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.