The RAL Art Center recently announced Summer Fun Art Camps.
Starting June 25, camps will be held at the RAL Art Center, 19 North Main Street, Kilmarnock, for ages 7 and older, reported Cathie Elliott. There will be morning and afternoon sessions.
The fee is $85 per camp, including materials, per week. To register, visit the center, or call 436-9309.
“Sign up for morning and/or afternoon camps,” said art teacher Marilyn Sprouse. “Pack a lunch and eat with us.”
Morning sessions will be held from 10 a.m. to noon and afternoon sessions, 12:45 to 2:45 p.m. A lunch and perhaps a sidewalk stroll will be held from 12:05 to 12:40 p.m. daily.
• June 25-29, teacher, Sarah McCormick; morning, me, Me, ME!, make a sketchbook with paint, add-ons and glitter. Guided activities using a big variety of supplies; afternoon, KNOT not Fun! Make “friendship bracelets” and other accessories using knots, string and leather lace.
• July 9- 13, teacher, Sandy Manning; morning, Art That Moves, create a windsock and a mobile; afternoon, Catch the Wind!, explore the rules of flight with paper airplanes, kites and yard art.
• July 16- 20, teacher, Kimberly Fischer; morning, This is FIBERtastic!, use felt, fabric and strange things as tools to make varied art using cloth; afternoon, Time Travel, explore a bit of the vibrant ancient cultures of Asia, Africa, Mexico, Australia and Greece/Rome in art and in some small snack tasting. List food allergies at registration.
• July 23- 27, teacher, Kendra Robinson; morning, Manga becomes Anime, Japanese drawing and coloring for use in comics, sketch and drawing book; afternoon, Edible Art, explore food as an art subject and medium, draw food, collage food as a topic, edible clays, candy decorating, vegetables and fruit. List food allergies at registration.
• July 30- August 3, teacher, Kendra Robinson; morning, Weaving, Knitting, and Stitching, strings, yarns, strips, learn to make a loom, create bags, arm knit a scarf, learn to finger-knit jewelry and wearable art; afternoon, Canvas Painting!, use of acrylics, tools with acrylics, color theory and use of space.
• August 6- 10, teacher, Sonja Smith; Texture and Dimension Play, discover collage using varied items, glue, paste, experiment with clay and jewelry making; afternoon, Crazy for Printmaking, cut, carve and learn to make copies of drawings, make copies in color, draw, print and embellish with paints.