by Robert Mason Jr.
WHITE STONE—Members, family, friends and supporters of the White Stone Volunteer Fire Department (WSVFD) gathered Saturday, June 8, to officially dedicate the new firehouse at 579 Chesapeake Drive in White Stone.
The 12,600-square-foot facility was designed by Randall Kipp Architect Inc. of Irvington and built by Norman Company Inc. of Mechanicsville. WSVFD moved into the building in March 2018.
Speaking during the dedication ceremony, former chief and life member Randy Reeves noted how far the department has come in just over 70 years. His grandfather, B.H. Reeves, and father, R.S. Reeves, were charter members. His grandfather was the first chief and his father, the second.
His son, Ran Reeves, is a current member, representing the fourth generation of Reeves to serve.
Reeves recounted the story of the WSVFD’s first fire…
more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.