HEATHSVILLE—New gateway signage has recently been erected at the two entrances to Heathsville to inform travelers they are entering a Historic District. Established as the County Seat in 1681, Heathsville has retained that designation for over three centuries, the oldest in the Northern Neck.
Over 25 years ago the village of Heathsville was recognized as a Historic District and placed on the National Registry of Historic Places, reported Northumberland County Economic Development Commission chairman Theresa Lambert.
The new signs are on Northumberland Highway at the village’s northwest entrance near Roanoke Plantation and at the southeast entrance across from Food Lion. Property owners Mason Brent and John Barnes graciously agreed to allow…
more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.