As the Howland Chapel School Museum Committee continues working to develop its vision, the public is invited to an open house at noon Saturday, July 16, at the school. The building is at Courthouse and Knights Run roads near Heathsville.
The committee plans to create a museum consisting of the Howland School, built in 1867, and the Teachers’ Cottage, built in 1870, reported Algeria Tate. To help meet the financial obligation associated with the development, the committee has aggressively pursed grant funding at the local and state level.
The committee is extremely proud to announce a grant has been awarded to support the museum effort from the River Counties Community Foundation….
more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.