Chesapeake Academy students in grades 4-8 recently attended a Richmond Symphony Discovery Concert at Dominion Energy Center’s Carpenter Theatre for the Performing Arts in Richmond.
Conducted by Chia-Hsuan Lin, this 50-minute Top Ten! concert focused on the important compositions that every student should hear as they develop a sense of musical literacy, reported head of school Julianne T. Duvall.
The works include:
• Richard Strauss, Thus Spake Zarathustra, Introduction “Sunrise.”
• Antonio Vivaldi, The Four Seasons, “Spring,” Allegro.
• Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Symphony No. 40, movement 1.
• Ludwig van Beethoven, Symphony No. 5, movement 1.
• Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky…