The fourth annual Arts in the Middle Fine Arts Festival went off in spite of threats of weather June 2 and 3 at Hewick Plantation near Urbanna.
Artists, patrons and volunteers all made this year’s event a success, reported Jeff Cherry. Saturday saw good weather and crowds and on Sunday a few hardy, loyal patrons came out to make the most of the shortened event.
The show awards were presented at an artist reception Saturday night by the show judge, James Jones, of the Charles H. Taylor Arts Center in Hampton.
Award winners were:
• Best in show, Victoria Primicias.
• Second, Laura Denardo.
• Best painting, William Clarke.
• Best photography, Rick Hopson.
• Best three dimensional, Ninika Gordon.
• Honorable mention, Tracy Anderson.
• Honorable mention, Matthew Leavell.
• Best local artist, Dolores Flessner.
• Best student artist, Breniah Hart, Middlesex High.