The Boys & Girls Club of the Northern Neck will serve as the home of the newly established Cub Scout Pack 372.
The pack welcomes boys and girls in kindergarten through grade 5, reported director of marketing and development Jill Sears. The pack will meet at 6 p.m. on second and fourth Tuesdays at 517 North Main Street, Kilmarnock. Neill Schultz is the pack leader.
Since the inception of scouting, the purpose has been to:
• Positively influence a child’s character development and spiritual growth.
• Help a child develop habits and attitudes of good citizenship.
• Encourage good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in body, mind and spirit.
• Improve understanding within the family.
• Strengthen a child’s ability to get along with others and to respect other people.
• Foster a sense of personal achievement by developing new interests and skills.
• Show a child how to be helpful and to do their best.
• Provide fun and exciting things to learn and do.
“The scout movement is continuing to grow in the Northern Neck, and we are happy to be able to provide a great space for them to meet,” said executive director Phillip Mumford.