Eleanor B. Trusch

CANTON, GA.—Eleanor B. Trusch passed away peacefully on March 23, 2020, at age 92 in Canton, Georgia. She was born in Parchman, Mississippi, and is the daughter of Daniel Boone Brinson and Ruby Ross Brinson.

Eleanor was preceded in death by her husband, Clyde G. Trusch.

Eleanor is survived by her four children, Pamela Bentley and her husband, Steve, Dennis Trusch and his wife, Brenda, John Trusch and his wife, Kathy, and Karen Sawyer and her husband, Jay. Eleanor also leaves behind seven grandchildren, Michael and his wife, Alicia, Christine, Kerry, Morgan, Nicholas, Logan and Hayley; and two great-grandchildren, Raya and Ethan.

Eleanor lived a full and fascinating life. After graduating high school, she enrolled in secretarial school and once accredited, traveled to Washington, D.C. to join the Department of the Navy in service to her country during World War II. There, she met her soon-to-be husband, Clyde. Clyde was a talented civil engineer working for the CAA at the time (now called the FAA).

Before they could get married in the states, Clyde was transferred to Afghanistan. Eleanor being the adventurous woman that she was, followed Clyde, and they were married in Karachi, Pakistan, on May 7, 1958. They then moved to Kandahar, Afghanistan where they lived for a short period of time before moving to Kabul which is where Pamela was born.

Having a child born overseas was a real challenge, so Eleanor chose to have her son Dennis in Jackson, Miss. She then discovered that traveling back to Afghanistan with a toddler and a new born was another challenge altogether. Eleanor decided she was not going to have that adventure again so John and Karen were born in Kabul. After the tour of duty ended, Eleanor and family moved back to the states and settled in Arlington.

However, that was short lived as Clyde was then transferred to Iran. Not one to shy away from a challenge, Eleanor packed up her four kids, and followed Clyde to Iran where they lived in Shiraz and Teheran. In 1969, the family returned to Alexandria where Clyde and Eleanor lived until 1982.

They retired to Lively and moved into a beautiful eight-sided home designed and built by Clyde. Of course, Eleanor was by his side pounding nails, moving concrete and laying bricks.

After Clyde’s passing, Eleanor moved to Kilmarnock where she was involved with the Eastern Star, Red Hat Society and volunteered at Rappahannock General Hospital. She took pride in decorating her home for every holiday. One of her proudest moments was winning the annual Christmas home decorating contest in Kilmarnock. 

As her health began to decline, her caregivers, Patricia and Valerie, were a Godsend to her. The family sincerely appreciates their loving care. Eleanor will truly be missed.