The Northern Neck–Middlesex Free Health Clinic (NNMFHC) celebrated its 25th anniversary on Saturday, October 6.
The clinic was transformed for the occasion, with a tent placed and beautifully decorated in front of the building for the hors d’oeuvres, refreshments and remarks. Donors, volunteers and supporters moved in and out of the facility for guided tours of the medical clinic, dental clinic and pharmacy provided during the event.
Board vice-chairman G. Scott Graham welcomed the donors, volunteers, other guests and event sponsors. He outlined how far the clinic has advanced since it opened its doors 25 years ago, on October 7, 1993, in the Lancaster County Health Department. Within three years the clinic had its own building, donated by Phyllis F. Smith, and in 2003—10 years after its founding—moved into its current Mary A. Graham facility.
Mr. Graham presented a plaque from the board to Jean Nelson, the founding executive director and now chief executive officer of the clinic. She touched on what the clinic has meant to thousands of individuals over the years and the need to keep providing care that is otherwise not accessible or affordable to so many living in the area.
Dr. Steve Glessner, one of the founding physicians, spoke on the origins of the clinic and noted the needs that created it 25 years ago continue today…
more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.