Lancaster school superintendent Dan Russell recently posted instructions for meal pickup and delivery while schools are closed.
Meals for all Lancaster children Younger than age 18:
• Monday, March 23, 9-11am: Pickup and delivery will be begin. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Monday’s delivery will include Tuesday’s meals and Wednesday’s delivery will include Thursday’s meals.
• Breakfast and lunch will be served.
• Pick-up and delivery requirements: Children must be present. This is mandated by the USDA and the VDOE.
• Email or text to request meals: firstname.lastname@example.org or 436-7176.
• Provide number of children needing meals.
• Request pickup or delivery.
• Provide address for delivery or determine pickup location—Lancaster Primary School and Lancaster Middle School.
• Notify of any special dietary needs.
• Provide phone number
• If you need food prior to March 23 send a request to the same email or phone number.
For families who may need food before March 23:
If you have a need for food prior to Monday, March 23, text 436-7176, or email email@example.com. We will have food bags available and will work with families on a case-by-case basis to get these to you through Friday, March 20. Also, we are working with other community resources to assist in sharing information and ensuring that all kids have food if needed. For additional resources for meals, contact Healthy Harvest Food Bank, https://www.hhfb.org/pantries/.