by Lisa Hinton-Valdrighi
Residents of White Stone and folks traveling Beach Road are all too familiar with the Hubbard ponies.
The graceful yet stubborn creatures, according to Lloyd B. Hubbard, have been a part of the town for over 60 years. Hubbard’s grandfather, Dr. B.H.B. Hubbard Jr., originally filled the 12-acre pasture with cattle, horses and ponies. Over the years, the cattle and horses have disappeared but there’s always been a pony or two, or 10 or more, in the field, according to L. Hubbard.
At one time, the Hubbards had as many as 22…
|There’s more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.