SALUDA—The Three Rivers Health District offers COVID-19 vaccine clinics for children ages 6 months to 5 years.
Interested parties should contact their local health department for available times and scheduling, reported chief operating officer Brenden Rivenbark. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines will be offered.
The schedule and appropriate local health department phone number can be found here:
• August 4, King & Queen County, 785-6154.
• August 5, Gloucester County, 693-2445; and Lancaster County, 462-5197.
• August 8, Westmoreland County, 493-1124.
• August 9, Richmond County, 333-4043; Northumberland County, 580-3731; and Essex County, 443-4076.
• August 15, Mathews County, 725-7131.
• August 17, King William County, 769-4988; and Middlesex County, 758-2381.
• August 18, King & Queen.
• August 19, Gloucester and Lancaster.
• August 22, Westmoreland.
• August 23, Richmond County, Essex and Northumberland.
• August 29, Mathews.
• August 31, King William and Middlesex.
Three Rivers case numbers averaged about 38 cases/day in the district last week. Vaccination remains the most powerful tool to limit COVID-19 infection and severe disease, said Rivenbark.
Appointment opportunities in Three Rivers Health District vaccination clinics are available at https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/three-rivers/. Appointments are also available by calling 815-4191.