Chesapeake Academy on June 5 held commencement exercises for the Class of 2018.
The following students, after successfully completing the requirements of the Chesapeake Academy curriculum, officially matriculated to become Osprey alumni:
• Larkin Christopher Denton, the son of Mr. and Mrs. Christopher Andrade Denton.
• Rebecca Kathleen Meberg, the daughter of Mr. Keith Douglas Meberg and Dr. Patricia Monge-Meberg.
• John Edwin “Jack” Porter III, the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Edwin Porter II.
• Eden Duncombe Stander, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Duncombe Stander.
• Adair Rawles Stanley, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Colan Stanley.
• Elizabeth Madison Stanley, the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Colan Stanley.
• Duke Lane Wolfson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jay Wolfson.
After an invocation by 2017-18 Student Council president Larkin Denton, head of school Julianne T. Duvall welcomed the school community and conferred head of school list certificates for the year.
Board of trustees chairman Kathryn K. Vose awarded the Norma Jean Edwards Volunteer Award to E. Michelle Ritter. This award was named for one of the school’s all time great volunteers, Norma Jean Edwards, and recognizes the parent volunteers who have worked tirelessly without hesitation, without reward, always putting the good of the Academy and children first, reported Duvall.
Jackson Olsen Pyles was awarded the C. Jackson Simmons Award for Excellence in History and English. The award was established in memory of one of Chesapeake Academy’s founders, attorney C. Jackson Simmons.
The Pamela I. Herrell and the J. E. Bouis Athletic Awards are given to a girl and boy respectively for outstanding athletic achievement. This year’s recipients were Elizabeth Stanley and Porter…