by Jackie Nunnery
HEATHSVILLE—Following a full agenda, the Northumberland board of supervisors on Wednesday, November 10, discussed and moved forward on a range of topics, from ordinance revisions and conditional use permits to spending proposals.
An expected vote on revisions to the solar ordinance following last month’s public hearing did not take place. The board voted 4-0 to table the decision until the December meeting since District 3 supervisor Jim Long was absent. James Brann, Richard Haynie, Tommy Tomlin and Ronnie Jett all voted to delay the decision.
By 4-0 votes, the board:
• Revised the boathouse ordinance. The changes include increasing the square footage based on Virginia Marine Resources Commission standards to 700 feet for a single boathouse and 1,400 feet if adjacent property owners construct a boathouse together along a property line. It also eliminated the requirement that a “building or structure connected to an approved drain field or sewer” be constructed prior to building the boathouse.
• Authorized a conditional use permit to Crystal Cove Housing LLC, owner, and Merthia Haynie, applicant, to construct a physical therapy facility on agricultural zoned land off Hampton Hall Road. Haynie leases space….
There’s more to this story,
and many more news articles, photos and ads available only in our online e-Edition or in the printed version. Become a subscriber today!
• To access or subscribe to the e-Edition, go - HERE
• To subscribe to the printed version, go - HERE
• To buy the printed version at a newsstand, - HERE are our locations.
For assistance, please call us at 804-435-1701, extension 16.